auto-tester breakage

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Mon Nov 25 12:34:18 PST 2013

On 25 November 2013 19:35, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 11/25/13 2:35 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> On 25 November 2013 10:32, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> Yep, there's been some middle-end changes.  Sorry, next time I'll give
>>> you heads up.
>>>
>>> ...Which, incidentally, might come very soon, as there are some other
>>> front-end breaking changes in the pipeline with a new wide-int.h
>>> header.
>>>

>> And the last GDC change has been untested (so far).
>

> Well, if you're not worried that the build/tests are broken, I probably
> shouldn't be either, but I am pondering on ways of increasing the visibility
> of the state of the system.  The only 'no work to be done' state is a
> healthy green master branch.  I'm considering adding a once every X days
> (daily, weekly, etc) status summary email with what open work there is to be
> done (broken master, open pulls, etc).
>
> I don't consider it right for master branches to be in a broken state, ever.
> But I don't own the code under test, so it's not up to me. :)

It's a kind of special case thing.  I'm currently doing this 2.064
merge in small steps (just taking a monthly development snapshot and
working my way up because to merge the entire amount of changes is too
much to track down breakages).  So it's merge, push, run testsuite,
get things stable, repeat at the moment, and will be until 2.064 merge
is complete.