colors in gdc errors

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 1 20:59:19 PDT 2013

On Oct 1, 2013 12:50 PM, "eles" <eles at eles.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 1 October 2013 at 11:47:31 UTC, eles wrote:

>> "-fno-diagnostics-color
>> Use color in diagnostics. WHEN is ‘never’, ‘always’, or ‘auto’. The
default is ‘never’ if GCC_COLORS environment variable isn't present in the
environment, and ‘auto’ otherwise. ‘auto’ means to use color only when the
standard error is a terminal. The forms -fdiagnostics-color and
-fno-diagnostics-color are aliases for -fdiagnostics-color=always and
-fdiagnostics-color=never, respectively."

>> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Language-Independent-Options.html
>>
>> It seems to work the same way.
>

> Wowo, it *really* works if i set up the GCC_COLORS

Doesn't surprise me.  A lot of gcc features work without front end
interaction.  :)

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw