Precompiled GDC compiler for Windows + instructions?

Daniel Green venix1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 16:21:02 PDT 2013

On 09/23/13 14:00, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

> (Is the TDM version correct/compatible?
No, you're mixing GCC 4.7.1(TDM) with GCC 4.6.1 (GDC). It's also using
an older version of D.

> Is the x64 version of TDM/GDC significantly ahead of the 32 bits one?
Not that I'm aware of, what really matters with them will be the GCC
version.

> Is the x64 as stable? I have no idea
I would consider it not sufficiently tested.  The release notes on this
list should have a list of any issues I was aware of.

The TDM integration got to be a mess and was too much work to keep it up
to date, so I began work on a new build script.  It uses the GCC 4.8.1
but required dropping X86_64 for now.

So if you can manage without X86_64 you can try it at
https://github.com/venix1/MinGW-GDC

Currently, it has issues with a bootstrap compile on a fresh install of
Windows.  A non-bootstrap build looks to be what induces dependencies on
shared libraries but compiles fine.  You'll need to salvage some DLLs
from the MinGW install.