DW_TAG_module experiment.

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Tue Feb 18 01:12:24 PST 2014

On 18 February 2014 08:49, Johannes Pfau <nospam at example.com> wrote:
> Am Sun, 16 Feb 2014 23:18:17 +0000
> schrieb "Iain Buclaw" <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This weeks experiment is with actually building a NAMESPACE_DECL
>> for D modules, and emitting them as DW_TAG_module in dwarf2out.c
>>

>> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/commit/91a1863170431a37de473011c148f4927a2a3944
>>

> Sounds great!
>

>> Johannes, I've only updated the 4.9.x patches. You may want to
>> backport this after my gdb changes have been submitted and pushed
>> into gdb-development (which will be the gdb-7.8 release).
>>

> OK, will do.
> BTW: Did you forget to commit some changes or is this stuff unfinished?
> It broke the autotester* and I see the same errors when building GDC.
>
> * https://d.puremagic.com/test-results/?projectid=2

Gah! Didn't see that one coming.  Do you know which commit broke it?
(I can do a quick bisect if not)

There are a couple more changes that I need to make to finish the transition.

First one I'm committing now is changing toPrettyChars() ->
ident->string.  This is because in the debugger, it will represent:
'std.stdio.writeln' as: 'std.stdio.std.stdio.writeln'