What happened to GDMD

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Sat Feb 22 04:17:06 PST 2014

On 22 February 2014 07:33, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> On 21/02/2014 20:50, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 08:02:45PM +0100, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>>>
>>> Did the old gdmd also parse dmd.conf? I'm not sure if this is
>>> necessary. Parsing /etc/dmd.conf is even problematic as it might
>>> contain library paths with incompatible libraries. We could use a
>>> gdmd.conf but I don't think that's high priority for gdmd? So if that
>>> stuff is already finished - great. If it's not, I wouldn't worry about
>>> that.
>>

>> The old gdmd did parse dmd.conf
>

> ??!!
>
> What was it using from it?  A typical dmd.conf would be e.g.
>
> [Environment]
> DFLAGS=-I/opt/dmd/include/d2 -L-L/opt/dmd/lib -L--no-warn-search-mismatch

IIRC, it was parse that and push it into the Perl ENV.

$ENV[$VAR] = $VAL

Then immediately after reading the ini file, push $ENV[DFLAGS] into
the $ARGV list.

Then it's parse all arguments as if they were dmd command options.

Admittedly, you wouldn't use dmd's dmd.conf for gdmd. ;)

Regards
Iain.