Porting gdc to a new target (Nios2) any guides out there?

Timo Sintonen via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 22 23:15:24 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 23 July 2014 at 05:41:53 UTC, Iain Buclaw via D.gnu
wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2014 06:25, "Timo Sintonen via D.gnu"

>> First forget D and try to build a C only toolset. If this
>> works then
> build c++
>
> I'd skip step one and just go straight to building C++ first.
> Given that
> gcc is no longer written in C.
>
> Iain

The tricky part in arm build is libgcc. Is this processor type
mentioned and enabled by default in t-arm-elf? Is the library
built with correct flags and is gcc picking the right one? C++
build also needs target libc and possibly the just built target
libgcc while C only does not need any target library

If something is not working C++ build may always fail. This is
why I recommend to build C first to see if it can produce a
working executable. If libraries are not working the C++
configure will never succeed.