Switching gdcproject sources over to markdown

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 11 02:24:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm in the process of switching over the gdcproject.org sources
over from html [sic] to markdown format to allow ease of editing.

Currently I am using just a generic markdown script to generate
the static webpages (ie: Markdown.pl) - though I hear that vibe.d
supports markdown, so it may be an opportunity to get gdc/vibe.d
hooked up and running the gdcproject.org site. :-)

There's also in the works a /news site with will be a kinda like
blog of all things gdc-related.  Again in markdown and this time
using Chronicle to compile the pages (maybe end up writing a
version in D if I get round to it).

Pretty much all html files are easily translatable, given that
the way I wrote the pages are very basic to begin with.  Only one
that is somewhat complex is the downloads page, which I'm told is
generated by another script.  ;)

Johannes, does this affect things you are doing?

Regards
Iain