GDC updated to use 2.065

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 14 05:08:38 PDT 2014

On 14/06/14 13:41, Iain Buclaw via D.gnu wrote:
> If anyone is privileged enough to have gdc with 2.065 already, then
> I'd like to suggest trying out dub and building all packages in
> http://code.dlang.org using it, using various different compiler
> flags, and report back any bugs found (with nice minimal cases I'd
> hope)

Just finished building about 10 minutes ago :-)  I probably won't have free time
to do the all-dub-packages test in the near future but can report that it plays
fine with my 2.065-requiring libraries (hap.random and Dgraph), including
working as dub dependencies.  (I haven't actually built dub itself with gdc yet.)

As usual speed seems on a par with LDC with the typical differences that GDC
seems slightly ahead on raw number-crunching stuff and LDC seems ahead on
template-heavy or range-based code (e.g. in hap.random, GDC optimizes the dice()
function much better, but LDC seems ahead on the (Random)Sample class and on the
range-based random distributions).