Switching gdcproject sources over to markdown

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 15 04:28:22 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at 09:24:05 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of switching over the gdcproject.org sources
> over from html [sic] to markdown format to allow ease of
> editing.
>
> Currently I am using just a generic markdown script to generate
> the static webpages (ie: Markdown.pl) - though I hear that
> vibe.d supports markdown, so it may be an opportunity to get
> gdc/vibe.d hooked up and running the gdcproject.org site. :-)

Actually, I went straight for vibe.d, because it was the path of
least resistance for mixing in html templates with markdown -
plus, since I've recently [1][2] (re)fixed dub and vibe.d with
the update to 2.065, thought it was best to plough through it in
a day while it was still fresh on TODO my list.

All contents have been converted.  Just improving some parts of
the documentation page, and then will begin testing for real.

/news is still in the works, I have an idea how to manage that in
vibe.d.

Regards
Iain.