Help me get GDC as a syntax checker option for Flycheck

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 16 14:33:22 PST 2014

On 16 Nov 2014 22:20, "Koz Ross via D.gnu" <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 16 November 2014 at 21:51:18 UTC, Iain Buclaw via D.gnu wrote:
>>
>> On 16 Nov 2014 21:40, "Koz Ross via D.gnu" <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> And he has answered your question for you. :)
>>
>> Only change C's ifdef with D's version.
>

> I'll say exactly that - thanks Iain!

It's really not something worth too much bother with if he has already made
up his mind.  A software maintainer can't accept everything.  Eg: requests
to include support for erlang, vala, dmc++...  You've got to draw the line
somewhere.  Just a shame he didn't go for ldc+gdc (being Clang and GCC
backed) over dmd.

> For the moment, the code to make Flycheck do its thing with GDC is
available on my blog at
http://www.retro-freedom.nz/blog/2014/11/17/using-gdc-as-a-syntax-checker-for-d-in-flycheck/
for those who are interested.

Maybe put it up on github as a spork?

Though it seems quite simple the addition. :)