Script for Building GDC from Source

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 8 00:13:46 PDT 2014

On 5 September 2014 18:34, ketmar via D.gnu <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 17:23:22 +0000
> ""Nordlöw" via D.gnu" <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks! BTW: What's the current status on GDC in terms of
>> stability and DMD version? Is it at 2.065?
> 2.065 at the time of it's release, with all it's bugs and glory.
> otherwise gdc is very stable; i'm using it as my primary compiler.
>
> there was alot of changes in 2.066/2.067 and Iain is busy with other
> things, so don't expect version upgrades soon. think about 3-4 month (at
> least).

And many of the extreme changes don't actually add/remove/fix any bugs
in the compiler:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/63e61f160784649cf2cbd1267aaf26e2a2468e73
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/fb35735132b73dadfde43778d16d014280f997ec
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/f7330f62dfd6033f69016432b1600e3f1d85b289
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/964183a0f3f8c8c8e8ee8e086dd4fd7313cf4b49
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/a5f62b9edbdea548f247b2c400879e97848b5a8d
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/3f196316c516d96991b21e3e6a7b5c6e072857c9
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/152e480ee51c9dfb24f6b7435b6d199b58129ec6
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/338fe87587610bd700b9bd2e7bc614cbb5330602

These alone will take about 8 weeks to deal with, partly because of my
limited time, partly because of the mundanity of doing the
conversions.

Doing these individual glue changes one at a time before 2.066-proper
seems like a reasonable thing to do rather than trying to do all at
once.  And any patches to do such conversions would be welcome.

Iain.