Script for Building GDC from Source

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 10 13:58:59 PDT 2014

On 9 September 2014 19:40, ketmar via D.gnu <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 08:13:46 +0100
> "Iain Buclaw via D.gnu" <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
> ok, i started. moved toDebug() and most of toDt() to visitor. yet
> Expression::toElem() scares me alot (wow, it's 300kb!). but i hope to
> finish it in week or two (i have some free time now and can spend it on
> porting).
>
> i'm keeping patches somewhat separated (but it's hard to separate 'em
> properly). no tests done for now, it merely compiles without errors.
>
> posting this just to let people know that i'm working on it, so they
> can avoid double-work.

Thanks.

I also intend to use the conversions as an excuse to reform the code
into a more C++ coding style convention[1].  You can look at toir.cc
to get a general feel of this[2].

Other things it gives me the excuse to do is renaming the files
without the d- prefix.

d-elem.cc -> expr.cc
d-decls.cc -> decls.cc
d-ctype.cc -> ctype.cc
etc...

Adding namespaces to split each component of the sources is something
on my todo list too (moving away from the flat C function names).

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CppConventions
[2] https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/blob/master/gcc/d/toir.cc

Regards
Iain.