D as first class language in the gcc milestones ?

Ledd via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 27 04:47:33 PDT 2014

On Friday, 26 September 2014 at 22:21:13 UTC, ketmar via D.gnu
wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:53:58 +0000
> "Ledd via D.gnu" <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if there are plans to add the support for D in the
>> official releases of gcc .
> it's good as the "sign of official acceptance", but GCC release
> cycle
> is too slow for D. i'm very unsure if making gdc part of gcc
> will do
> any good for D and gdc.

I don't think that the gcc team is slow on releasing new releases
and patches, I think that on one hand it's true that D is
currently a rapidly-changing language, but this also prevents a
gain in popularity, no one wants to adopt a non-standard language
that is constantly mutating for production code. My assumption is
that D needs to freeze at some point .