why no ld.exe in 2.066.1 Windows builds?

Ivan Kazmenko via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 13 08:29:57 PDT 2015

On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 15:25:08 UTC, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
> Trying to link the libraries manually ("-lgdruntime
> -lgphobos2") does not change the error.  The symbols seem to be
> present in both libs as far as my understanding goes (tlsgc.o
> in libgdruntime.a lists __D2rt5tlsgc4initFZPv in my viewer, for
> example).  So, what's wrong?
>
> Ivan Kazmenko.

The symbol is listed as _D2rt5tlsgc4initFZPv (one underscore) in
64-bit build and __D2rt5tlsgc4initFZPv int 32-bit build (two
underscores).  I remember having similar underscore issues when
converting COFF <-> OMF libraries for 32-bit dmd.  So that may be
the explanation.  Still, what do I do with that in this
particular case?

Ivan Kazmenko.