Linker errors with i686-w64-mingw32 binaries

Johannes Pfau via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 03:50:21 PDT 2015

Am Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:36:32 +0200
schrieb "Iain Buclaw via D.gnu" <d.gnu at puremagic.com>:

> On 6 August 2015 at 13:19, Mike Parker via D.gnu <d.gnu at puremagic.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, 6 August 2015 at 11:07:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> >
> >> Haven't tried the 64-bit binaries yet, but any attempt to compile
> >> an executable with the 32-bit binaries results in this:
> >>

> > OK, I've tried the x86_64-w64-mingw32 binaries. When compiling with
> > -m32, I get the same errors as above. The default -m64 works.
> >

> Bug report?

Looks like it's some kind of problem with underscore prefixing.

`D2rt5tlsgc14processGCMarksFNbPvMDFNbPvZiZv' should likely have an
underscore appended.

Our MinGW port is probably mostly broken, but we need a good way to
run the testsuite for MinGW to really have a useful MinGW port. Once
I've got some time for this I want to take the standard DMD test
runner, make it a real stand-alone program and add support for cross
compiler testing using ssh/scp. Once we have that it should be possible
to reliably test the MinGW port.

BTW: As MinGW mostly uses the standard MS runtime and upstream
druntime/phobos now supports these we'll probably only have to update
version blocks. TLS could be a problem, but we could just compile with
emutls for now which should work.