gdcproject.org is down

Vladimir Panteleev via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 27 09:11:18 PST 2015

On Sunday, 27 December 2015 at 12:51:21 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 27 December 2015 at 10:40, Iain Buclaw
> <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org> wrote:
>> On 27 December 2015 at 07:42, Vladimir Panteleev via D.gnu
>> <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>> http://gdcproject.org/ seems to be currently inaccessible
>>> worldwide.
>>
>> Hi, it's back online now in the last 20 minutes.
>>
>> Graphs seem to suggest network outage between 5.10am and
>> 9.20am GMT. I'll raise a ticket to see what happened, other
>> than that the server/services intact. 107 days, 9 hours, 50
>> minutes uptime. :-)
>
> I've been told that the provider was hit by a large DoS attack
> in their London DC this morning.  At this time I've been told
> that it has been fully mitigated, and network connectivity has
> returned to normal.

Thanks :)

If it's not too hard, it would be nice to have some download
mirrors, as I understand the website has been down before.
Although the web pages were still available in Google's cache,
the downloads weren't. I can set up a mirror on my server if you
like.

You might also look into using CloudFlare (it has a free plan),
it will cache and display the last seen version automatically if
the website is down.