Using static immutable Exceptions (or other way for NON-GC exceptions)

Timo Sintonen via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 18 04:34:46 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at 12:12:04 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> You can't throw without a GC allocation currently.  I'm open to
> suggestions and patches welcome.
>
> See here:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/blob/master/libphobos/libdruntime/gcc/deh.d#L152
>

> Iain.

I was just goimg to ask about the state of this.
I have understood that this struct carries all the necessary info
trough unwinding and it is not freed until gc frees it.
Where is the last place this struct is used. Is it in druntime
side or in libgcc side?
Could it be possible to allocate this with malloc and free after
unwinding? I have understood that this struct is not available
any more in catch block.
Do we need many copies of this. Could it be possible to have a
static one?