Embedded D, top down?

Henri Sundelin via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 20 11:51:14 PST 2015

Hi Timo,

Thanks for the info! I looked the minlibd, the biggest question
for me is whether it targets too small devices, taking out the
most of phobos functionality in the process? What are your
ultimate goals?

My embedded target spec looks something like 256k RAM/256M flash,
so I'd expect it to be possible to bring of plenty of phobos
onboard? What I need is full OO, templates, string processing
etc.. we want to (de)serialize JSON a lot. Malloc is provided.
Threading, networking etc stuff is not required.