Removing RTTI from binaries

Dicebot via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 13 06:36:14 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 13 January 2015 at 14:20:43 UTC, Mike wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 January 2015 at 16:57:41 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>>
>> That's likely used/caused by the TypeInfo.name property.
>>

> Judging by what I'm seeing, I think you're right.
>
> But I'm compiling with -fdata-sections and -Wl,--gc-sections,
> so shouldn't that put each TypeInfo.name in its own section and
> strip it out?

I remember speaking about it with Martin and Daniel during DConf
2014 and I think it was Daniel who mentioned that by default
TypeInfo/ModuleInfo is emitted in some weird packed way. When LDC
announced using --gc-sections by default it was mentioned they
had to change ModuleInfo emitting to make it actually work.

Can it be the same issue?