Removing RTTI from binaries

Mike via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 14 05:32:52 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 09:04:50 UTC, Mike wrote:

> Ok, but I have a mess of classes generated by templates (and I
> love it).  Their `name` properties [1] should go in .rodata,
> right?  But why aren't they being put in their own sections
> when compiling with -fdata-sections?
>
> [1] -
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/blob/master/libphobos/libdruntime/object_.d#L81

Well, I was working a reduced test case and found that it has
something to do with my trace.d file here:
https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo/blob/master/source/stm32f42/trace.d

If I add a trace.writeLine("x") in my program, then the binary
goes from 2K to 130K.  Anyway, it appears it has nothing to do
with TypeInfo.  I'll continue to try to reduce.

Thanks for the help and useful information.

Mike