Removing RTTI from binaries

Mike via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 14 06:34:47 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 14:20:50 UTC, Iain Buclaw via
D.gnu wrote:

> Could it be that the entire module trace takes up 128K?
> Probably not
> very likely.  And I doubt the writeLine/write templates
> contribute to
> much.

Sorry, I didn't see this reply before I submitted my last post.

The problem was my .rodata was filling up with the names of every
single type in my program.  The .text section was quite small
(2K), so I don't think it was the executable code generated from
the trace module.

I'll try to make a reduced test case on Linux that others can run
and see.

Mike