2.066 announce?

Johannes Pfau via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 25 02:00:04 PST 2015

Am Sat, 24 Jan 2015 23:28:52 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb ketmar <ketmar at ketmar.no-ip.org>:

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 23:35:55 +0100, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>
> > Am Sat, 24 Jan 2015 13:07:43 +0000 (UTC)
> > schrieb ketmar <ketmar at ketmar.no-ip.org>:

> >> off: Iain (or Johannes), can you made gcc.builtin primitives
> >> `@nogc`, please? i completely lost in the code that generates 'em,
> >> but it blocks making "core.atomic" `@nogc`, and i can't build my
> >> project anymore. it's ok for me to manually patch "core.atomic",
> >> but sadly, i can't do this with gdc code.
> >
> > That was a simple fix:
> > https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/commit/
> aa83d2ac749baa552f250891378118b704d7c589
> >
> > If you make changes to core.atomic for @nogc please provide a patch
> > or file a pull request.
>
> thank you. i made manu of small changes to druntime and phobos,
> including taking MonoTime from core.time, using std.utf from mainline
> git head, 'cause i need .byChar and so on. i also adding "nothow:
> @nogc:" here and there in druntime headers. dunno if it all of any
> real value, though.
>
> i can create some tickets in bugzilla with those patches, so you can
> pick the ones you are interested in and just close all the others. or
> i can simply dump 'em all in one ticket (but in different attaches).
> what will be better?

I thought you have ready to use patches. The nogc/nothrow changes are
useful if they're not in mainline druntime yet but I don't really have
the time to refactor such patches. So if you have ready to use patches
against mainline please attach them to bug reports. Otherwise I guess
somebody else will fix it in mainline druntime at some point.