(Probably trivial) arm-none-eabi-gdc building problem

Mike via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 03:50:25 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 30 May 2015 at 16:55:14 UTC, denizzzka wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am tried to use step-by-step instructions from wiki
> (http://wiki.dlang.org/Bare_Metal_ARM_Cortex-M_GDC_Cross_Compiler)
> to build toolchain on Debian GNU/Linux 8 and got this error
> after execute "make -j4 all-target-libgcc":
[snip]

I just wanted to let you know that in case you couldn't get a
build on your host PC, there may be another way to get a GDC ARM
Cortex-M cross-compiler.

It has come to my attention that the prebuilt binaries at
http://gdcproject.org/downloads are capable of creating ARM
Cortex-M binaries.  I just tested it myself.

I used the arm-linux-gnueabihf build, and the command I used for
my STM32F4 (ARM Cortex-M4F) was:
arm-gdcproject-linux-gnueabi-gdc -fno-emit-moduleinfo -frelease
-mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -c
start.d

The key is to simply add the platform flags: -mthumb
-mcpu=cortex-m4

I hope that helps.

Mike