(Probably trivial) arm-none-eabi-gdc building problem

Johannes Pfau via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 4 11:35:43 PDT 2015

Am Thu, 04 Jun 2015 04:05:39 +0000
schrieb "Mike" <none at none.com>:

> On Wednesday, 3 June 2015 at 12:54:32 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> >
> > That's correct. All ARM GCC compilers can generate code for all
> > ARM variants (the hf compiler can generate softfloat code and
> > the softfloat compiler can generate hf code as well). The
> > difference between the compilers are the shipped libraries. You
> > probably can't use the shipped libgcc etc from these compilers
> > for thumb targets.
>
> I was not aware of this, but it makes perfect sense.
>
> Would it be feasible to uses Timo's multilib instructions
> (http://forum.dlang.org/post/knajzsqzojwrogzafmst@forum.dlang.org)
> to add support for the Cortex-M variants to the ARM pre-built
> binaries (excluding libphobos of course)?

If you mean adding support to the same binary toolchain package: I don't
think that will work. Multilib requires similar systems, it's probably
not possible to mix linux+libphobos and baremetal builds.

But we could of course provide additional ARM-bare-metal toolchain
binaries.

> Also, are the build-scripts used for the pre-built binaries on
> GitHub?

Not yet. Maybe I'll publish them this weekend (I need to write some
documentation first)