What gcc to use for gdc master?

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 6 00:48:35 PDT 2015

On 5 June 2015 at 08:40, Dan Olson via D.gnu <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Sorry for a long chain on OSX.  But one last unresolved symbol from make
> check-d: "_d_osx_image_init".  Is it just a placeholder or is it hidden
> somewhere.  Does gdc still need the code to set setup gc scanning?  How
> is TLS on OSX? - if not ready, would emutls work?
> --
> Dan

I hope I'm not shying you away by saying, this is what someone needs to
find out.

I'd first suggest to build gcc only and test what is outputted.  Use a test
program such as __thread int tls;  and a main program that sets it's value
to 0xdeadbeef then build with -S and check if the output shows calls to
emutls like functions.

GDC already has GC support for emutls, so the interesting part is if GCC
does native tls on osx.