[Testing] Using Travis CI (or better alternative) for master/branch/PR testing

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 22 01:56:53 PDT 2015

As the autotester seems to be broken indefinitely for the time
being, I've been playing around with Travis for builds.

https://travis-ci.org/ibuclaw/GDC/branches

A couple of show stoppers I've been running into:
- Time to build, run testsuite, run unittests exceeds quota (50
minutes)
- Memory consumption exceeds quota (claims to be a hard 3GB)

This is interesting, to speed up builds it might be considered
logical to increase the number of parallel jobs, infact this
conflicts directly with the memory consumption quota, meaning
that the build needs to be carefully split up to run at different
parallel levels depending on the memory used.

What seems to be a total blocker is that I seem to be getting
inconsistent results (in relation to out-of-memory errors)
depending on which host the build is running on.

So, I'd be willing to hear of alternatives:

https://semaphoreci.com  - However CPU's given are 2, and time to
build and run tests is limited to 60 minutes.
https://drone.io - However time to build and run tests cannot
exceed 15 minutes
https://codeship.com - However does not appear to support C++
builds