Build script for a cross compiler

Jens Bauer via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sat May 2 22:51:52 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 28 April 2015 at 05:00:50 UTC, Timo Sintonen wrote:
> People have been asking a build script Here is one I have
> written. This was originally ment to build gdc in a virtual
> machine but I did not get this to work in a vm. There were
> always
> missing something or some issues like 32/64 bit mismatch.
>
> If you like, please test and report.

I tried on Cubian (Debian variant for CubieBoard2), but it failed
attempting to build gcc-6-20150412.

> # GDC
> git clone git://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC gdc
> gccver=`cat gdc/gcc.version`
> gccdir=`cat gdc/gcc.version | cut -c5-`

Note: If checking out gdc-4.9, this does not use the latest build.
Instead you will get gcc-4.9.0, which is buggy and absolutely not
recommended.

> # Patch gcc
> cd gdc
> #./setup-gcc.sh ../$gccver

The last line should of course be enabled. ;)

> # Patch t-arm-elf
> cp  t-arm-elf.own  $gccver/gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf
>
> # GCC compilation
{snip}
> make

make fails on my CubieBoard2. These are the last lines I see:

http://pastebin.com/Zdp0QAte

(Note: I did not press control-C; the script terminated by itself)