Build script for a cross compiler

Jens Bauer via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sun May 3 16:16:53 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 3 May 2015 at 10:38:14 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
> On Sunday, 3 May 2015 at 05:51:55 UTC, Jens Bauer wrote:
>>> If you like, please test and report.
>>
>> I tried on Cubian (Debian variant for CubieBoard2), but {snip}
>> make fails {snip}

I've polished my own build-script/build-instructions. So far,
this is the only thing that will work on a PowerMac with Mac OS
X. It does not work on Cubian. It does not work on Debian. It
*might* work on Mac OS X with intel, but I do not know.
My build-script/instructions will result in a toolchain
supporting C/C++/D AND stdlibc++.
Thus I can now finally build my old projects AND have D at the
same time; no compromises (except from that the compiler is only
built once, not twice, but that's considered acceptable).

Even though my guide will not work out-of-the-box on Linux or
other systems, it might serve as an approximate how-to / way to
get past problems (I've got 5 years of experience in making ARM
toolchains).

http://d.gpio.dk/dl/Build%20a%20GDC%20toolchain.pdf

If using the script (or using the guide as a script), 3 optional
parameters can be supplied:
1: workdir (a temporary directory for containing sources and
builds).
2: prefix: For instance /usr/local - default is to install in
$workdir/Install
3: toolchain name; If building a package, this will be appended
to prefix: /usr/local/myTools