-ffreestanding option

Jens Bauer via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Wed May 6 06:33:38 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 5 May 2015 at 17:51:51 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:

> I'll implement fno-rtti next weekend. We can think about more
> fine-grained solutions in the future but fno-rtti should be a
> good
> start.

This is definitely a good move. :)
I'm not yet ready to look at RTTI; I've not gotten through level
2 of this game yet.
The next D-related thing I will look at, is trying to write an
example hardware support file (or module). Nothing final, it's
just to get an idea on how it can be done. But before that, I'll
need to have a look at creating a new Makefile and possibly the
linker-scripts.