import problems

John Colvin via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 15 02:16:08 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 06:43:46 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> Just packaging GDC? Or do you plan to have third party
> development libraries packaged too?

just GDC for now, no plans for libs at the moment.

> The defaults install everything into a version and multiarch
> specific directory.  This allows having any arbitrary number of
> versions installed, both native and cross compilations.  You
> probably want a very good reason to change that.

For me everything ends up in normal bin, lib, include, libexec
and share directories under whatever I put as prefix, which
`configure --help` informs me defaults to /usr/local. I only get
the version/multiarch stuff as a prefix in the names of copies of
the main executables in bin.

To be honest, this is all such a pain I think i'll just let gdc
do whatever it wants to in a separate directory and then symlink
the bits that the user actually needs access to using whatever
directories and naming I want.