Defuzzed: a fuzzer for D compilers

Sebastien Alaiwan via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 3 05:48:45 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 3 April 2016 at 12:08:32 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> there is also generated from Brain Schott aka. Hackerpilot.
> It may be useful to take a peek there.

Thanks, this definitely is going to be a source of inspiration!
(I'm also looking at AFL (American Fuzzy Lop) - lots of great
stuff in this tool).

Unlike 'generated', I aim to produce semantically valid random
programs.

I might want to allow some degree of invalidity, as the same
error could manifest itself as both 'ice-on-valid' and
'ice-on-invalid', but might be more easily revealed through
'ice-on-invalid'.

My long-term goal is the complete eradication of "ice-on-valid"
errors from gdc :-)
(I plan to keep the tool compiler-agnostic).

Your ideas/contributions are welcome!