Where is the GDC binaries for Windows targeting windows?

Johannes Pfau via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 26 01:17:33 PDT 2016

Am Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:26:26 +0000
schrieb Sai <test at test.com>:

> > So basically the problem is that these binaries are simply not
> > linked on the download page.
>

> Could someone please explain the reason why the windows binaries
> are not linked on the download page? Is this because they are not
> stable, have major issues? If so I would rather not use them, if
> this is just an oversight, then I will try them.

These releases are alpha quality and IIRC the GC is not working 100%
correctly. So you probably don't want to use GDC on windows ;-)

> Related question, are there any limitations of the GDC compiler
> when compared to DMD? besides it lagging behind 1 or 2 releases.
> Any major limitations? How about on ARM arch?

AFAIK there are no real limitations. ARM is 100% supported, so it
should work like any other 32 bit architecture in D. One major
difference is that GDC does not provide DMD like code coverage, we use
the GCC/gcov tools instead.