Packaging GDC

Marc Schütz via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 18 02:58:52 PST 2016

Hi!

I'm working on packaging GDC for openSUSE, and I have a few
questions.

Is it possible to make the build process install only D related
files, for example cc1d, but not cc1?

If the above works (or I manually exclude generic GCC files from
the package), will the D specific binaries be compatible with
generic GCC binaries/libs from other GCC versions?

I'm asking this because I'd rather not have to make the GDC
package depend on the distribution's default GCC packages,
because then I would have to match the GCC versions across the
different openSUSE versions...

Any hints?