Linking with ld creates error "ld: error in /usr/..../collect2(.eh_frame)"

DRex via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 15 07:10:28 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have some object files (compiled with GDC -c) that I am linking
together using ld linker.  everything links together, except ld
prints out the error :

ld: error in /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/collect2(.eh_frame);
no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created.

and when I try to run the program (yes, despite the error, the
linker produces a program) I am presented with this error message:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 968:
_dl_setup_hash: Assertion `(bitmask_nwords & (bitmask_nwords -
1)) == 0' failed!

Does anyone know how I can fix these issues?