Build GDC master from source

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 26 03:23:19 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 26 August 2017 at 09:40:12 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
> Is it possible to build master or gcc-7 branch of GDC from
> source against GCC?
>
> If so, which of the instructions
>
> - https://wiki.dlang.org/GDC
> - https://wiki.dlang.org/GDC/Installation/Generic
>
> should I follow?
>
> Even better, have anybody already got a script that does this?

Pretty much. Our CI script can be used as a reference too.

https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/blob/master/semaphoreci.sh

> Moreover, commit
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/commit/2141559f78912b75ef7f9edc6e2d5548ea5ae282
>
> has message "the frontend sources are now at 2.076". Does this
> mean that master compiles a working D compiler compatible with
> DMD 2.076?!!!

C++ headers are aligned with 2.076, as well as all regressions in
the changelog backported.  We can build phobos 2.076 and pass all
unittests. Not all features have been backported from D however.
Notably static foreach in the upcoming release (and I have no
plans to port it).

Moving to self hosted (ddmd) is something that will happen soon.

Iain.