Build GDC master from source

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Fri Dec 29 22:10:28 UTC 2017

On 29 December 2017 at 20:50, Jean-Louis Leroy via D.gnu
<d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 August 2017 at 10:23:19 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> Notably static foreach in the upcoming release (and I have no plans to
>> port it).
>

> Does this mean that gdc will never have static foreach?

No, it just means that maintained fork of the C++ implementation will
not support static foreach.

The D implementation when its finally branched + working with
bootstrapped builds (non-bootstrapped builds are fine and pass all
tests) will initially use 2.076 proper, and so will come with all
features, including static foreach.

Relevant PR https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/pull/550