version?

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 20 09:00:48 PST 2017

On 20 February 2017 at 16:36, Ellery Newcomer via D.gnu
<d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Quick dumb question:
>
> I just installed gdc on ubuntu from apt. Which version of the dmd front end
> does it use?
>
> gdc --version
>
> gives me
>
> gdc (Ubuntu 4.8.5-2ubuntu1~14.04.1) 4.8.5

It's hard to keep track of all distributions and what versions they
use, but I think in Ubuntu it is approximately:
gdc-4.8.x: 2.064
gdc-4.9.x: 2.065
gdc-5.x: 2.066
gdc-6.x: 2.068

The next gcc release ought to be an interesting experiment for the
community, as although the version is still set to 2068, gdc has now
diverged so far from the last C++ sources that it is anything but.
I'll probably bump it to whatever version of phobos it can compile.
:-)