Testing GDC (GCC 7.1) on Runtime-less ARM Cortex-M

Iain Buclaw via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 27 16:19:35 PDT 2017

On 27 June 2017 at 23:27, Mike via D.gnu <d.gnu at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 17:55:02 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> Looks like it would be best to apply these PRs in the order listed:
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5276
>> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5948
>> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6418
>

> Thanks.  I actually wasn't aware, until yesterday, that GDC isn't using the
> DDMD frontend.  How do you usually handle such things?  Just use the
> transpiler between your ears?

Carefully backport as needed.  I have been given approval to create a
dmd-cxx branch in dlang where I'll put the continued maintenance of
the C++ implementation until a time when we're ready to switch.

> Also, what's the plan for GDC w/ DDMD?

Get it so that we can test the latest dmd/stable branch without
changing any code (just swap out the dmd frontend).  When happy that
everything works.  Keep in sync with dmd/stable branch, no more
trailing behind releases.  Regressions in DMD are handled immediately,
not after a new release has gone out.

Regards,
Iain.