GDC Pre-Built 6.3.0: Fails during linking stage (liblto_plugin.so)

Maxwell Flynn via D.gnu d.gnu at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 14 16:56:42 PDT 2017

I have been attempting since yesterday evening to compile a D
project of mine on my new Raspberry Pi Zero W. I downloaded the
latest `arm-linux-gnueabi` binary, extracted it, and added it to
my path. Then, I made a makefile to compile my project.

It seems that, while it gets past the compilation stage fine,
once it reaches the link stage, an error is spit out. This error
reads as follows.

/usr/bin/ld:
/usr/local/lib/gdc-6.3.0/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/6.3.0/liblto_plugin.so: error loading plugin: /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/gdc-6.3.0/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/6.3.0/liblto_plugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Though, when I look in that location for that `.so` file, there
is a file with that corresponding name. How could I fix this
problem so that my program will compile?

Thanks in advance!