bugzilla.gdcproject.org: No confirmation mail; cpuid.d:838:17: error: PIC register clobbered by 'ebx' in ' asm'

Eugene Wissner belka at caraus.de
Mon Feb 26 12:32:28 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 25 February 2018 at 09:36:51 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Sun, 25 Feb 2018 00:05:44 +0000 schrieb kdevel:
>>
>> but gdc (GCC 4.9.4) complains:
>>
>> dotbench.d:65:11: Fehler: basic type expected, not foreach
>>      static foreach (s; typenames) {
>>             ^
>> dotbench.d:65:11: Fehler: no identifier for declarator _error_
>>      static foreach (s; typenames) {
>>             ^
>
> Unfortunately, static foreach is not supported in GDC right
> now. Maybe we'll get a static foreach backport soon
> (https://dlang.slack.com/ archives/C6LTP6MV1/p1519419332000480
> ), otherwise static foreach will only start working once we
> switch GDC to the D frontend (https://
> github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/pull/550 ).

I didn't come that far with the backport. Some bugs are very
difficult to find (for me) and the D implementation uses some
template features that aren't really translatable into pre-C++11
C++. So I'm not sure that I'll finish this. Especially I don't
know if it is worth it. It depends how soon gdc will be merged
with the upstream.