Trying to build GDC from sources (New fool - please be kind)

Cecil Ward d at cecilward.com
Mon Mar 26 06:26:39 UTC 2018

Got as far as downloading a huge .tar.xz file and extracting it,
but U just guessed at a version of gcc sources to ftp-fetch in
the first place.

I have a gcc-7.3.0 folder now. Is that the correct version number
?

Next, the script file  setup-gcc.sh comes up with the error
message
         "found gcc version 7
          This version of GCC (7) is not supported."

It's looking for a patch file with a different name, based on
version number. I have patch files patch-*8.patch currently,
mismatch against the check for 7.

Not sure where to go from here.