Hello world in AAarch64 Debian Buster

Matthias Klumpp mak at debian.org
Sat Aug 31 20:34:39 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 8 August 2019 at 01:17:53 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 August 2019 at 05:48:49 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> You could raise a Debian bug report, saying that aarch64 is in
>> the libphobos supported list.
>
> Thanks Iain, I went through the prompts in the Debian bug
> report program and I hope that that has emailed a report to
> them which makes some kind of sense.

Probably not, you need to send an email to submit abug and if you
didn't have a fully configured MTA installed or reportbug
configured to use some other means to send the mail, it wouldn't
have been sent.
See https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting on how to create such a
mail.
In any case, GCC in Buster won't be changed, while in Bullseye
(current Testing) it is already adjusted for GDC 9.

So, you could potentially fetch gdc-9 from bullseye for buster,
or actually just switch to using the Debian Bullseye development
version. Depending on what you want to achieve, using Bullseye
may be the easiest way to achieve your goal.