Appender example doesn't work with GDC. GDC bug?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 10:41:56 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 28 December 2019 at 08:25:16 UTC, BoraxMan wrote:

> The problem is that GDC is part of GCC now, and part of the
> Fedora installation I'm using.  I take it then if I am to start
> a new project where I may end up providing binaries, I should
> eschew using the GDC compiler and use LDC instead?  This kind
> of consideration is not an issue when using C or C++ (at least
> in Linux).  By default the choice is correct.

If by "correct" you mean the latest and greatest in terms of
language and library features, then that means DMD. GDC doesn't
have the sort of manpower behind that gcc and g++ benefit from.
As I understand it, the version that ships with GCC was further
hampered by being locked in quite some time ago due to the GCC
release cycle.

You have three D compilers to choose from. Use the one that meets
your needs. They all can put out compatible binary output on any
given platform.