GDC 9 and ARM Cortex-M

Timo Sintonen t.sintonen at luukku.com
Sat Jun 8 07:39:57 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 23 May 2019 at 07:19:23 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> Given the nature of the segfault your getting, I would expect
> that you'd get the same problem even if the sources were in D.
>
> It is _not_ normal for a module->importedFrom to be NULL or an
> invalid pointer.  Something must have gone horribly awry in
> memory for that to happen.

This problem exists in 7 typeinfo files and every time in getHash
function. All other files compiles fine.
I can live without these now. When is getHash called? By compiler
or by user?

What does option -fno-rtti exactly do and what D features are not
available? I noticed this with -fno-rtti:
int * i = new int;  // <-- compiler error
myclass c = new myclass(); // <-- passes, dies at runtime

There were big changes in exception handling code about 2 years
ago and my exception code stopped to work. What was changed back
then? How can I get my code to work again? Could this be some
struct alignment problem like some years ago?