GDC 9 and ARM Cortex-M

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun May 19 10:49:51 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 19 May 2019 at 06:54:14 UTC, Timo Sintonen wrote:
> I am updating my toolset and libraries to GCC/GDC 9.1 release.
> First impression is that druntime needs more work than with
> previous versions. Many places to change and even compiler
> crashes when compiling some files.
>
> Before I look further I want to ask if there has been any
> testing with this target (cross compiler linux->arm-eabi). Is
> it expected to work, not to work or not tested at all.

Several months ago, I used this script
(https://github.com/JinShil/native-gdc/blob/master/native-gdc.sh)
to build a native GDC compiler.  I then used that compiler by way
of this script
(https://github.com/JinShil/arm-none-eabi-gdc/blob/master/arm-none-eabi-gdc.sh) to build an arm-none-eabi cross-compiler from head.

I then used that cross-compiler to build this ARM Cortex-M
project (https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo).
Everything worked fine.

I don't know if that helps, but that's my experience for whatever
it's worth.

Mike