ddmd gdc

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Mon Oct 12 17:26:22 UTC 2020

On Monday, 12 October 2020 at 11:07:55 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 11 October 2020 at 20:17:16 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> Relatively speaking, yes.  It's not inherently unstable
>> because its written in D, but the dmd developers occassionally
>> break the bootstrap in obscure ways, as of recent it's been
>> refactoring imports that have caused some latent template and
>> symbol resolver bugs to be exposed.
>
> Are you tracking the "stable" branch, or the "master" branch of
> DMD?
>
> I assume "stable" is the last release of DMD?

I'm tracking the "master" branch of DMD, as the "merge master
into stable" commits are huge and tend to come with many
implementation regressions.

Saying that, it has been since 2.093.0-devel since I last did a
sync, and I've only just recently fixed dmd master (again).

https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=log;h=refs/users/ibuclaw/heads/gdc

Based off of dmd v2.093.1-686-g3a55c54a8 (as of writing, the
current HEAD). Bootstrapped using gdc-9.3.1, and all tests are
passing on x86_64-linux-gnu, but that may not be a good
indication that things are fine, and more testing on other
architectures would be welcome.

Unless your knowledge of git better than mine, and you have a
cleverly crafted git clone command, the best way I know of
fetching the sources is in the following way:

git init
git remote add users/ibuclaw git://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
git config --replace-all remote.users/ibuclaw.fetch
"+refs/users/ibuclaw/heads/*:refs/remotes/users/ibuclaw/*"
git fetch users/ibuclaw
git checkout -b gdc-mainline users/ibuclaw/gdc

The assumption is you already know how to build gcc from here.