GDC CI

wjoe invalid at example.com
Tue Sep 8 23:48:58 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 8 September 2020 at 20:12:47 UTC, wjoe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 September 2020 at 20:03:03 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 8 September 2020 at 16:44:39 UTC, wjoe wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Well the ci script in the repo [1] should be used as a
>> baseline, if not in its entirety as it's been used on enough
>> to work in many environments, whether building a native or
>> cross compiler.
>>
>> At the very least, you just need to set-up the environment()
>> using whatever variables Cirrus provides and it'll just go and
>> run.
>>
>> [...]

Except there's a problem with the installation of gcc-9.
Apparently there's no Debian release providing a gcc-9 package.

The build of the container fails in step 4 on apt-get update with:

> Step 3/5 : RUN add-apt-repository -y ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
>  ---> Running in dedb85ee0ddd
> gpg: keybox '/tmp/tmpcn_fbb85/pubring.gpg' created
> gpg: /tmp/tmpcn_fbb85/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
> gpg: key 1E9377A2BA9EF27F: public key "Launchpad Toolchain
> builds" imported
> gpg: Total number processed: 1
> gpg:               imported: 1
> Warning: apt-key output should not be parsed (stdout is not a
> terminal)
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> Removing intermediate container dedb85ee0ddd
>  ---> 290665f0cc40
> Step 4/5 : RUN apt-get update     && apt-get install -y git
> autogen autoconf automake bison dejagnu     flex
> libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgmp-dev libisl-dev libmpc-dev
> libmpfr-dev make patch tzdata xz-utils binutils libc6-dev gcc-9
> g++-9     sudo curl     && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
>  ---> Running in fcc6340c33b0
> Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
> Hit:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease
> Ign:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-toolchain-r/test/ubuntu
> groovy InRelease
> Hit:4 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates
> InRelease
> Err:5 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-toolchain-r/test/ubuntu
> groovy Release
>   404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.95.83 80]
> Reading package lists...
> E: The repository
> 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-toolchain-r/test/ubuntu groovy
> Release' does not have a Release file.
> The command '/bin/sh -c apt-get update     && apt-get install
> -y git autogen autoconf automake bison dejagnu     flex
> libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgmp-dev libisl-dev libmpc-dev
> libmpfr-dev make patch tzdata xz-utils binutils libc6-dev gcc-9
> g++-9     sudo curl     && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*'
> returned a non-zero code: 100

When I let buildci.sh install the repositories instead it fails
like so:

> ./buildci.sh setup
> gpg: keybox '/tmp/tmpc4p6pqmr/pubring.gpg' created
> gpg: /tmp/tmpc4p6pqmr/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
> gpg: key 1E9377A2BA9EF27F: public key "Launchpad Toolchain
> builds" imported
> gpg: Total number processed: 1
> gpg:               imported: 1
> Warning: apt-key output should not be parsed (stdout is not a
> terminal)
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> E: The repository
> 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-toolchain-r/test/ubuntu groovy
> Release' does not have a Release file.
> E: Unable to locate package gcc-9
> E: Unable to locate package g++-9> E: Couldn't find any package
> by regex 'g++-9'> E: Unable to locate package gdc-9> E: Unable
> to locate package pxz

This bug seems to be related
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wget/+bug/994097

Is there a strict dependency on Debian?