GDC CI

wjoe invalid at example.com
Wed Sep 16 09:55:22 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 00:49:52 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 September 2020 at 16:05:53 UTC, wjoe wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 15 September 2020 at 16:00:56 UTC, wjoe wrote:
>>> I've added the above tasks and they are reported to have been
>>> completed successfully in the Cirrus summary.
>>> However, on a closer look I can spot multiple failures or
>>> files/directories which can't be found.
>>> - Some 12 failed tests as well as 10 unresolved test cases in
>>> the unittest step.
>>> - The build package step failed with: cd ./libcc1: no such
>>> file or directory.
>>
>> This is the package function for reference:
>>
>> build_package() {
>>     cd build || exit 1
>>     make install || exit 1
>>     tar -cJf gdc-${build_host}.txz /usr || exit 1
>> }
>>
>> Links for your convenience.
>> [1] https://github.com/w-joe/gcc/blob/master-ci/buildci.sh
>> [2] https://github.com/w-joe/gcc/blob/master-ci/.cirrus.yml
>
> That's great work and progress!
>

> I just wanted to a side note:
>
> If you manage to build tarballs of the binaries, I think a lot
> of people would greatly appreciate if they are made available
> (e.g. can be done directly on GitHub via "Releases").
> For example, see https://github.com/dlang/installer/pull/251,
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/xktompypwvaabwebnjol@forum.dlang.org, or https://forum.dlang.org/thread/bnkbldsifjhsseswiceq@forum.dlang.org .

Thank you for your kind words :)

I do but I didn't preserve it in the last run. I've just added
the Artifacts step to the cirrus configuration.
Artifacts is the terminology they use to make files from the
build environment available for download after the task completed.

The way it's being done right now is that 'make install' installs
to the /usr prefix. After that a tarball of this prefix is
created (via tar cJf gdc-triplet.txz /usr). I'm not sure if
that's suitable as a release as is because tar omits the root /
so the result will be extracted as usr/
There isn't a lot of time budget left in that task but it should
be possible to run some more scripts.
If the time limit won't suffice it should be possible to cache
/usr and move the tar ball script into a new task.

Also, all of that is Linux only at the moment.
I've created a matrix for the Dockerfiles so all platforms that
can run bash should be easy to add - simply adding the Dockerfile
to the matrix and it-should-work(TM).

> If the download links are in the official install.sh script,
> then it will auto-magically be available on Travis CI and
> others.
>
> I'm happy to help with getting such releases shipped.

I couldn't find the install script in my 1 minute search in the
download section. Could I inconvenience you to copy/paste the
link, please ?
Thanks :)