GDC CI

wjoe invalid at example.com
Wed Sep 16 12:50:57 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 10:42:27 UTC, Iain Buclaw
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 at 09:55:22 UTC, wjoe wrote:
>>
>> The way it's being done right now is that 'make install'
>> installs to the /usr prefix. After that a tarball of this
>> prefix is created (via tar cJf gdc-triplet.txz /usr). I'm not
>> sure if that's suitable as a release as is because tar omits
>> the root / so the result will be extracted as usr/
>> There isn't a lot of time budget left in that task but it
>> should be possible to run some more scripts.
>> If the time limit won't suffice it should be possible to cache
>> /usr and move the tar ball script into a new task.
>>

> If it follows the convention of the existing packages, it
> should be fine.  e.g: tar extracts gdc into
> 'x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/gdc'

The tar ball is 443MiB. That's because it includes half the
docker container :)

The buildci script [1] uses hard coded --prefix=/usr and
lib-dirs=/usr/lib.
Is there a particular reason for that ?
Or, rather, could I just change it or introduce a variable prefix
in order to be able to use an isolated directory ?

[1]
https://github.com/W-joe/gcc/blob/master-ci/buildci.sh#L274-L280