Are there any GDC builds available for Windows?

Preetpal preetpal.sohal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 02:05:56 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 7 April 2021 at 23:01:41 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 April 2021 at 22:37:33 UTC, Preetpal wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 6 April 2021 at 05:49:16 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>>> Just FYI, we're getting closer, but have some stuff not
>>> working properly with std.stdio.
>>>
>>> You can use it now but with printf:
>>> https://gofile.io/d/mdCW2c
>>
>> That's great. Thanks for the progress update.
>
> Just got a version working with std.stdio as well. Try it out
> and report any bugs:
> https://github.com/Imperatorn/gcc/releases

Well I had issues running the compiler so I cannot give you
meaningful feedback.

I downloaded all files on the release page and placed them in a
directory.

At first I ran into a System Error on Windows, where a dialog box
opened up and said "The code execution cannot proceed because
libwinpthread-1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may
fix this problem." Then I copied and pasted the
libwinpthread-1.dll from my Mingw64 MSYS2 installation (it has
GCC 10 though so that may or may not be cause of the following
problem). Then I had the following errors trying to use your
release:

B:\D\GDC-BETA>gdc.exe main.d
gdc.exe: fatal error: cannot execute 'd21': CreateProcess: No
such file or directory
compilation terminated.

B:\D\GDC-BETA>x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe main.c
x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe: fatal error: cannot execute 'cc1':
CreateProcess: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

B:\D\GDC-BETA>gcc main.c
gcc: fatal error: cannot execute 'cc1': CreateProcess: No such
file or directory
compilation terminated.

B:\D\GDC-BETA>x86_64-w64-mingw32-gdc.exe main.d
x86_64-w64-mingw32-gdc.exe: fatal error: cannot execute 'd21':